Can’t explain how excited I am to make this dish when I head home to DC this weekend. I’ll update the post on how it went, but it looks like an awesome blend of flavors and super delicious. Try making it on cauliflower or zucchini pizza crust (http://ifoodreal.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/) so it’s that much healthier 🙂
• 4 (6 inch) round pizza crusts or flat breads
• 2 heaping tablespoons pesto spread
• 20 small-medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place your crusts on nonstick baking sheets. Evenly distribute and spread the pesto over each crust; set aside.
Coat the shrimp with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the garlic and some salt and pepper. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, sear the shrimp for about 1 minute, flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
Place 5 shrimp on each pizza, sprinkle with the mozzarella and goat cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown on the edges. Let cool for just a minute or so and serve.”